PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Rmbittner: thanks for the input. I am reading on a Kindle Fire, but this is the first DRM doc I've read on it. I have heard from other Kindle users that they have the same formatting oddities and apparently it was a hastily converted book. No complaints here for $10, I just wanted to make sure I had the whole book
I did find a way to remove the DRM (or DMR?) and reformat via Calibre, which I am familiar with. If I have some free time, I'll give it a shot.

volyd

Lurker
Nov 22, 2013
Just bought the book (on a Kindle Paperwhite), and mine is formatted correctly. Dunno about the Fire though, sorry.

planetary

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 4, 2012
SF Bay Area
Just bought the book (on a Kindle Paperwhite), and mine is formatted correctly. Dunno about the Fire though, sorry.
The table of contents is at loc 75-77? On my paperwhite, it looks similarly to the image posted above, and I don't see any updates. So I think the ebook TOC:

- is formatted hideously

- correctly lists all the chapters

- omits the detailed section headings within chapters, which are included in the printed book TOC

volyd

Lurker
Nov 22, 2013
Wanted to edit, but was too late, so:
Stupid mistake on my part, planetary is completely right. I beg your pardon for the confusion!

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Mine's on a Kindle Fire as well, and looks the same. I hadn't really paid attention to the table of contents, as I just wanted to start reading...
OTOH, the pictures are in color on the Kindle. 8O

Status
Not open for further replies.