PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our featured guest on tonight's Pipes Magazine Radio Show is Fred Hanna. Fred is a well-known pipe collector, author, and speaker at pipe shows. He has a PhD. in psychology and teaches the same at the Chicago Campus at Adler University. He is also author of the book, “The Perfect Smoke”. This is the third in a recurring series with a long form discussion of pipe and tobacco questions sent in by our listeners. Brian and Fred will discuss tongue bite / burning your tongue along with a mild smoke vs. a cool smoke, and Fred reveals his secret for cooling off your tongue. We will also discuss different brands of pipes for different levels of smokers / collectors. In the opening “Pipe Parts” segment, Brian will talk about getting your friends started on pipe smoking from two different angles.

The show airs every Tuesday at 8:00pm eastern US time, and can be found at PipesMagazine.com and all podcast apps.

Fred-Hanna-Brian-Levine.jpg

J-Evverrett

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 17, 2021
Meriden, CT
Another great episode. I liked the segment on people switching to the pipe exclusively, and think your journey to it could be a realistically achievable one for others. Mr Hanna had me laughing out loud a few times, it’s pretty funny to see you in the “straight man” position for once. I appreciated the frank honesty on the pipes for beginners track, especially on Briarworks. I think they’re underrated by a lot of folks, and have been personally evangelizing for them for awhile now.

larsku

Lurker
Feb 26, 2022
This was another great episode. Fred Hanna certainly exudes knowledge of the hobby. I only wish the interview were longer.

I have been enjoying his contemplative book. When I went to purchase and download it, I was delighted to learn it was available on Kindle Unlimited at no extra charge.

Keep up the great work. This show is a fantastic way to get a jump start into the hobby. I haven’t quite figured out if I will be focused more on the tobacco or the pipes, but I am having fun discovering.