Search on Site

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

lasttango

Preferred Member
Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
I know, I know. It was just yesterday that I chimed in on a thread and said I don't care for Savinellis much.

But this one spoke to me.

I was told it is a Savinelli Autograph second.

A beautiful pipe nonetheless. Especially for around $100 unsmoked.

The only stampings are Italy and Hand made.
Anyone see something like this before?

yohanan

Preferred Member
Oct 1, 2011
Ahhh, a Savinelli Hand Made. That's a very nice pipe, and well worth what you paid. Congrats!!! Here are some of mine.

fishnbanjo

Preferred Member
Feb 27, 2013
Cortez is correct that is Savinelli's logo so I doubt there's anything second about it.

banjo

fluffie666

Apr 4, 2014
Fantastic find! That's some nice grain on that hunk of briar. The stem logo looks like a snake eating a person. Love it. I ran across a Sav Hand Made a while back with the same logo. I never smoked it but I did sell it... for well over $100. And it was smoked. You did well. Congrats on that!

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
That's an up-market pipe, a really nice one and worth every penny, as near as I can tell.

jiminks

Preferred Member
Aug 31, 2012
I have a Sav with that logo. Great smoker! Hope you'll enjoy it as I do mine.

mawnansmiff

Preferred Member
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I'm surprised it is stamped 'Handmade' as all handmade Italian pipes I have are stamped 'Fatto a Mano'. Perhaps it was destined for the American market?
Very nice pipe by the way, stunning grain. I have a GBD that looks very similar.
Regards,
Jay.

lestrout

Preferred Member
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Yo las
Great score! Robert there is close to the Savinellis - get him to tell you about his trip to the factory and meeting Achilles. Those Autographs he had/has are beauties. I'm into small bowls, or some of them would be in my racks.
hp

les