PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Ash Cooper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2023
Greenville, SC
www.instagram.com
IMG_9080.jpegSeven years ago, my father tragically departed in a car accident. Among the treasures I longed to reclaim was his cherished Dr. Grabow pipe from the 70s. I vividly recall him sharing tales, puffing away with a sense of grandeur akin to Tolkien. By a stroke of fortune, we unearthed it, and my mother graciously allowed me to possess it. Holding that pipe evokes a profound closeness, a tender link to the essence of my father.

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
View attachment 267889Seven years ago, my father tragically departed in a car accident. Among the treasures I longed to reclaim was his cherished Dr. Grabow pipe from the 70s. I vividly recall him sharing tales, puffing away with a sense of grandeur akin to Tolkien. By a stroke of fortune, we unearthed it, and my mother graciously allowed me to possess it. Holding that pipe evokes a profound closeness, a tender link to the essence of my father.
Makes me wish my old man smoked a pipe so I could share that feeling!

EchoPlex

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 9, 2023
Seattle, WA
This is one of the many aspects I love about pipes - connecting with our family's past. I have my Dad's pipes, and I will pass those, along with my own pipes, to my children. I wonder, when I am long gone - will my kids connect with him and me the same way? I hope so. Thinking about the many hours of contemplation and meditation spent on each pipe, they can become unique and special heirlooms within the family.

Reactions: Ash Cooper