For The Love Of God, Somebody Stop Me!!!!!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I love how tseuge does those stems. that's his signature move and it is so nice. I hope his apprentice, that designer chick, does as well and can maintain his techniques.

stvalentine

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2015
Northern Germany
Oh wow Nate! At least I don´t feel alone with my disorder here. I really went amok on estate pipes the last month. A few days ago I was offered a batch load of 18 unsmoked pipes. I bargained resolutely and couldn´t resist his last price. Just deleted my Ebay watch list.....

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Welcome to the club St. V!! It's a very expensive club :( my Tsuge and Rad Davis arrived today... Heavy sigh... Cause I apparently needed two more pipes like a head hole.

stvalentine

Jan 13, 2015
Northern Germany
@newbroom: The massacre will only start in my workshop when I attack the estates! ;-)
@Nate: OMG, it is! Now I am waiting for my new pipe cabinet to arrive... Might get worse from there....

deuce26

Can't Leave
Jan 29, 2014
Slidell, Louisiana
Nate, I have been observing your acquisitions with awe! You definitely dove in brother. And your pipes are all amazing works of art you will cherish forever. Think of it that way. I started with factory pipes and haven't moved to your level yet.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Thanks so much Deuce!!! I have a tendancy to dive into things. I've told the basic story before here... In college, I'd never once touched or even sat on a motorcycle. One day a friend had to hit a local motor sports shop for sled parts. While waiting I looked at the bikes. The same day, I sold my car and a bought a brand new GSXR750, at the time, the quickest production you could buy. The salesman was explaining the features when I told him I'd never ridden. He didn't believe me. There was around 20yards between their garage and the street. I stalled a few times, each time turning around to what became a crowd waiting to see me die. I spent around 15 straight hours teaching myself that day. It was the single best day of my life.

I began as strictly a Dunhill guy. At the time I was worried they were too expensive. Little did I know.... Things are gonna slowly here quickly. It seems that everyone insists on money in trade for pipes. Sad huh? At this current pace I'll have to mortgage my home by March which seems a tad extreme.

I've always LOVED beautiful, brilliantly engineered objects with a singular purpose.... pens, watches, a mount for astrophotography. I also love rituals. Pipes seemed the perfect fit. In the modern technological age, rituals and hand made artful objects become so profoundly important.

Thanks again Deuce. Dive in, the waters great!! Sorry for the lengthy storytelling lol

lawmax3

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2013
Nate,

I really liked the GSXR Story.

Reminded me of my first dirt bike a 1978 Yamha YZ400. For the first few days it rode me as much as I rode it.

When all was said and done I learned to ride the YZ quite well.

From that point on I wasn't afraid to ride anything period.

Also, Good luck with the PAD. I have it too.

rx2man

May 25, 2012
Dont forget 2/20 is national pipe day....P&C has great freebees with minimum purchases. I got to get some money together by then as I missed it last year and got to see the pics of people that were paying attention.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
RX2: every day is pipe day!!
Lawmax: thanks! Was worried I was going too wordy. Those first days with a bike are truly magical!!! I was in Montana, no speed limit and no helmet law at the time. It's a miracle I didn't die.

Status
Not open for further replies.