PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
hmhaines,
Unless you're crossing a border, you shouldn't have a problem. I fly with pipes and tobacco pretty regularly and no one has batted an eye. Obviously, if you're crossing the border, don't take more than the allowed amount.

fatbob

Lurker
Jun 30, 2016
I fly out on Monday and back on Friday every week. 1 roll up with a weeks worth, 2 or three pipes, cleaners and a golf tee for a tool/tamp in my carry on. Never had a problem.

hmhaines

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 5, 2016
CT
Just going to Minneapolis. Glad to hear that most people have an easy time traveling with tobacco.
Don't know what I'm so worried. Last time I visited MN, I came back to CT with three suitcases full of beer and liquor for myself and my (future) brother in law.

hextor

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 20, 2015
hmmmm din't know that they make you open your tins, but this is some good information to know, I was planning a trip too and was thinking about bringing some tobacco with me, I will put the tobacco in clear bags.

jabo

Can't Leave
Jan 26, 2016
Clear bags and nothing metallic that resembles a weapon. Wonder why they don't confiscate pens !

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
FAA regs, I believe, prohibit lighters and butane bottles in checked luggage. As to carryon, check your carrier. I've had no problem carrying on several lighters and several dozen boxes of matches (leaving LV pipe show). And on flights on SWA, Delta, and United in the past year, no problems.
Pipe tools, even Czech tools, are safest in checked luggage. Tins anywhere, but carryon may be the better option.

Status
Not open for further replies.