PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oppie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2010
Chicago
In an effort to enforce her personal views, she has prompted the City Council to vote on a measure on Monday, which would tie the smoking habit to an individual’s job. “For employees, they would have one year to quit smoking or using chewing tobacco or face disciplinary action that includes termination,”
Bradburn’s measure goes beyond smoking in the workplace, which is common at many companies. Her plan would make employees subject to being fired, even if they choose to smoke at home.
Just when you thought it couldn't get any crazier..........

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
At least some of the city council members thought on behalf of the people...
Tampa Bay Online Article
Some of Bradburn's bullshit & lies that are typical from a certain school of thought:
However, she said she hasn't read the entire proposal and doesn't believe the policy would be taken to extremes.
"We're not going to have Big Brother peering into people's homes," Bradburn said. "We're not talking about extremes — we're talking about the honor system."

Tampa Bay Online

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
I think it's BS. As I have said before Choosing to use tobacco is an informed decision made bey grown adults. It should not be anyone's business to make that decision for you. Personal liberty. I'm going to stop there. Happy puffin everyone.

highstump

Might Stick Around
Jan 22, 2010
Leads to phase two: Don't be caught on your way to or from the crapper without a hall pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.