PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
had my first bowl of frog morton last night. it was frog morton on the bayou to be specific. when i opened it i found the aroma to be very earthy and strong. so i loaded up my LL bean and had a bowl, and i have to say it was marvelous. it had a nice earthiness to it but yet it had a subtle sweetness to it. this is really all my untrained tobacco palate can describe. i can say for sure that i will be smoking more balken blends and will be smoking less aromatics, also that i love latakia and perique. id also like to get a good english blend

Jul 15, 2011
I still have yet to try any of the Frogs. It is on my very long list of things to try. Ill get around to it some day. I am definitely looking forward to the bayou froggy, because perique, by and large, kicks major ass.

mrlblackbird

Might Stick Around
Oct 17, 2011
I haven't tried any of the Frog Mortons, mainly because I'm in England and it's just plain awkward for me to get hold of the stuff. But I think it's at the top of my 'must try' list. So I may just have to procure myself some. Is it worth the extra time and effort ?

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Out of every five bowls that I smoke, I'd say two are FMOTT and two are FM.
In some ways, I'm in a rut. I like those two so well that I have to exercise a force of will to try other stuff. (Even to the point that I have yet to try FMOTB!)
Throw in Penzance and Presbyterian, and you have covered probably 92.5% of every bowl I smoke.
(My mouth is literally watering as I type, several hours from my next chance to smoke a pipe, thinking about whether it will be SM or FMOTT tonight. (And I use the word "literally" literally.))

cthulhu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2011
I've had all the Frog blends, and I always come back to the original. It's so good, and the tastes change so much depending on how much you dry out / prepare it. I only wish I could buy Frog Morton in bulk so I could stockpile it!

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Just had my first bowl of Frog, FMOTT and it was delicious!!! So glad I bought the 100g tin!!!

mike68

Might Stick Around
Jul 25, 2011
Having tried On The Town and Across the Pond so far, I lean toward FMOTT a bit but both are incredible. FMOTT is my favorite toby to date...

harrier52

Can't Leave
Aug 7, 2011
Frog Morton on the Town is probably one of my favorite tobaccos to date. Smoke at least 1 bowl anytime i drag out my pipes. Its definately one I dont allow myself to run out of.

doctorthoss

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 6, 2011
The Frogs are great blends, but a bit too mild for some of us. I love the flavors, but they're simply too mild for me to enjoy! I recommend them highly, though, to both newcomers and those who prefer mild smokes. I recently discovered Boswell's Northwoods, which I described in one profile as "Frog Morton on steroids" -- same basic flavor profile but a step up in flavor and nicotine strength.

My least favorite FM is "On the Bayou," so I can't wait to hear what you think of the others.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
Your description was just fine, Uber. To me tobacco all tastes like tobacco. I know it's different somehow, but there's no way can I describe the differences in words.
I have all four Frogs on order because of what guys on this forum have said no more eloquently than you.

macnutz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2011
Sadly, I have yet to find the Frog here in Vancouver. I love the English and Balkan blends. I do smoke others but but Latakia, Perique, and the Turkish or Oriental tobaccos won my thorny little heart at first light. The stuff of life.
I keep looking but suspect I will have to count on a world traveling friend to get the Frog here. 'Tis a pity.

iowamike

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2010
Oh man you can puff that FMOTT like a steam engine and still no tounge bite. It's a bit lighter in the flavoring than Frog Morton but on I will be smoking much more of.

Status
Not open for further replies.