PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012

I am sure you can find some great tips on a woodworking site or even on youtube if you search the right way for your answer. I love the woods that feature green and red hues in the grain and would LOVE one of the tampers.
@johncorosz: yes, I'd be willing to work out a swap deal but I don't want to break any forum protocol since I'm still pretty new here. As I make up a few more of these, maybe I'll hit my 50 posts and then we'll be all set!
clapping_girls.gif

THANK YOU!​

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
Carnuba wax is the wax most use on pipes and is what I apply to both my pipes and the tampers I make. It really gives a great shine. You need a buffing wheel to apply it though as it's pretty hard stuff.
Keep up the great work on the tampers. That one looks great but as suggested, I'd remove as much as I could using the type cutter shown. It will leave just a short section and I found this length to be perfect for the tampers I have made.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I got some carnuba wax from walker briar works and you don't need a buffer. It doesn't give you quite the shine though.

Status
Not open for further replies.