PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
In about 8 months time, this will be a covered porch with sunset views. Just through the door behind me will be a built in display cabinet for my wife's and my pipes and tobaccos.

Right now it's cold and the ground is uneven and littered with framing cut offs, but I can already feel myself falling out of time, into a zone of relaxation that I will enjoy from this spot for decades to come.

The Country Squire Cowboy Coffee in a 4th Generation sandblast bent brandy.

Attachments

• IMG_20240218_165042563.jpg
    IMG_20240218_165042563.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 80

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
Porch off of the pipe room and a wife who also loves pipes! My friend, you are living the high life!

Looks like there’s more being built in the background. Are you building a full house?

I am fortunate indeed. Yes, it's a whole new home build. Trying to make it as energy efficient and healthy as we can now, so that we can afford to live here in retirement.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I am fortunate indeed. Yes, it's a whole new home build. Trying to make it as energy efficient and healthy as we can now, so that we can afford to live here in retirement.
That’s wonderful to hear! Do keep us posted on the progress so that we can live vicariously through you 😁

Reactions: Nevaditude

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
You should post some photos of your progress so we can see the evolution of a great smoking space!
I can probably pull that off, so long as you're willing to wait for the built in cabinet pics. I'm on the hook for all the trim carpentry and cabinetry in the house and that one is way down on the priority list.

First is the staircase that has to be done to get an occupancy permit.