PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
Frank, you need to employ some 'Reverse Psychology,' e.g.:
STEP ONE: Catch your death of cold sitting out there then don't report to work for two weeks while you recover, needing lots of bed care, chicken soup, enemas, etc. You won't have enough money now in your shorted paycheck to pay for any of the things she likes and enjoys.
STEP TWO: Set the garage on fire and make it look like you fell asleep out there and the electric heater ignited a can of paint thinner or something.
She'll invite you back into the house and welcome your pipe with open arms! :puffy:
PS: If that doesn't work then go to:
STEP THREE: Join the local tobacco club across town and spend all your time down there smoking. Leave everything else around the house go. If by this point she does not begin to get the message and is willing to compromise, maybe it time for you to move onto STEP FOUR.
You know.

I just had a new section built onto the house, that included a dream bathroom for my wife, with Jacuzzi tub and a large nice shower. She told me I couldn't smoke in there. Well, instead of bickering about who paid for the damned thing, I just refused to ever set foot in there.
"Can you come help me put up towel racks?"

"Nope, I have a pipe in my mouth."

"Can you come look at the motor on the Jacuzzi?"

"Can you install..."

"Do you want to use the Jacuzzi?"

"Nope... I have a..."

"Just come on, bring your damned pipe!"
Now, I have a permanent pipe holder placed on the shelf of the Jacuzzi between all of her seashells.
I won without ever having to argue. Ha ha.

If I was relegated to the garage to smoke my pipe, I would just never go inside. I always have a pipe going.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
Cosmic, I've tried everything with my wife...but it's ok. Life is too short to worry about the small things. I have fun with her and everyone else.

akfilm

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2016
Brilliant Cosmic. Absolutely brilliant. New plan starting this weekend....

Status
Not open for further replies.