Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Hmmm Bracers of Armor = awesomesauce
And while I hesitate to say this to anyone, "Nice rack!"
-- Pat

apiperisdown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2014
I’m liking it Sir. I’ve a seven day rotation of Savinelli’s most of which unfortunately stay in a stacker. Your original rack was a damned good use of a shipping box. I always hated to toss the little suckers, now I see I shouldn’t have. Ebay that sucker. haha By the way, was the Connery pic from a film? If so which one?

Jan 8, 2013
Craig, the teakwood rack was purchased from cupojoes. I wish I made it, but i didn't. I made the little cardboard one in the first photo lol. Ejames, that's my Nording tamper. I only use it with my Nording pipes lol. Peck was the kind soul who gifted me that tamper along with the first Nording from the right.
lol I'm really getting a kick out of everyone complimenting me on my rack... but at the same time I feel kind of creeped out 8O

Jan 8, 2013
Thanks everyone :)

Sparrowhawk, Cupojoes has them. The three Nordings (being quite large) are a tight fit, but I'm assuming it would be like that with most any rack.

Apiper thanks lol. I'm sure the old cardboard box rack will see use again at some point lol. Ebay might be a good idea however... perhaps I'll start the bidding at around 1000 dollars? And I'm not sure where the Sean Connery photo comes from.

Fnord, and plateau guy, thanks. In person that grain really pops.

Everyone else lol. thanks :)

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
this is a real rack..

36438.jpg

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
dochudson wrote:
this is a real rack..
Where the hell do you buy one of those! Looks like it only holds one pipe, but then again who cares!
Seriously though; I’m in real need of a pipe rack, but I’m planning on building one myself. Years ago I used to make custom handmade knives and I still have some beautiful material lying around that I used for the handles/scales, i.e. various types of exotic rosewood, Zebra wood and ivory micarta. Just have to get my head out, clean up my work room and lay out a design. God… I’m getting too freaking lazy in my retirement, but I think this would be a real nice project to work on.

Status
Not open for further replies.