PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
That's a beautiful pipe, Phil. Can you tell us about the stem?
I can’t take much credit for the stem as it was already shaped other than giving it a bend, buffing it with Tripoli and white diamond compound and placing in the brass inlay. This was fine with me as it then enabled me to concentrate more on the bowl rather than attacking too much for my first attempt at a pipe.
Phil, where did you get the inlay for the stem?
As I previously mentioned I used to make knives so I still have a lot of material that I used for making the scales (handles). The inlay on the stem and the stand are from an assortment of ‘mosaic pins’ which come in a wide variety of styles and diameters from Jantz (formally Koval) knife making supplies.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
phil67, thanks for posting info on the wire pipe support. I want to order up a few for myself. I have some beautiful apple and cherry wood that I want to use to make a few stands using those same wire supports. Saw them online awhile back but couldn't remember where I saw them? :)

bernie2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2015
Really great work! I love the shape of your creation and the grain turned out incredible! Let me know when you're ready for a commission. 8)

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
I missed this thread somehow.......

Great work on that one Phil! I love the inlays on the stand and stem. Cool putting the inlay on the right side of the stem, unconventional and unique!! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.