PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
After three bowls I can honestly say I've had my first baccy with Latakia that I didn't hate. In fact I consider it a really good blend and would recommend it to anybody who hasn't crossed over to Latakias yet. Prior to trying this I've been a heavy Aero guy, but lately I've been smoking Burleys and Virginias, so maybe that had something to do with it. I don't know. I'll add a couple tins of this to my "Apocalypse Cellar" now.
WalnutPipeTobacco12ozTin.jpg

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Walnut has been around for a long time, and has been made quite famous on this forum by our own Roth and his "Wal-Hall" 50/50 Walnut to Carter Hall. It's been on my radar for quite some time, but I've yet to try it. I keep hearing great things about it, glad you like it!

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
Good stuff! It has just a hint of Latakia in the background. Flavorful and mellow.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
I love the stuff, especially Wal-Hall 50/50, Roth's finest.
Both tubs are in my apocalyptic cellar and W-H 50/50 is packed in many jars. More tubs on the way in before the end of the year.

eazye77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2012
Interesting!
I have seen it, but never tried it. Thought it was another OTC bomb. Maybe if I get my hands on a sample of it i will give it a try due to me loving lat! Thanks for the heads up! :)

rmason

Jan 27, 2013
Didn't know that Walnut has Latakia in it, I might just have to order some soon.

~Ron

iwbiek

Lurker
Oct 13, 2013
wow, i have never seen this stuff and i thought i'd smoked everything from middleton years and years ago. i never knew the middleton factory had ever seen so much as a whiff of latakia.
next time i'm home in the states i'll search out a tub of it. if it's light on the latakia i probably won't care much for it, but if i can find a place that carries it, it might be a good go-to when i visit home. it's usually impossible to get anywhere near latakia in the areas of kentucky and tennessee where i spend most of my time, so i usually have to tolerate aromatics or else stick to cigars.
cuz what am i gonna do? not smoke? huh!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Another 'baccy for the list. If I live to be 230 years old, I should make some fair inroads into the list. I kept wondering

what the Walnut in the CH/Wall blend was. Now I know. This is the reason I can't get too motivated for hunting down

Semois, the elusive Belgium tobacco. But it's on the list, I think number 1,246.

leacha

Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
A couple months ago I came to realization that these OTC blends, the ones that are still around, must have a reason for selling in today's market. So I started to give 'em a try. Sugar Barrel and Walnut sure did surprise me. They are some fine tobaccos. I just feel OTC is a moniker that doesn't apply any more.

leacha

Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
Thanks for the tips Perique. I'm liking alot of those blends I see on the site. Ordering from them could get expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.