PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

charimon

Lurker
Sep 12, 2012
Started this morning with Bombay Xtra in my Peterson 306 Then for the rest of the day it has been several bowls of Panzance (now that I have a decent Stash)through an older Dunhill 251.

gageploungin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 14, 2012
Autumn Evening and as the temps drop I tend to gravitate towards heavier English and Balkan blends

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Smoking some Southern Star procured locally from "The Tobacco Leaf" in Denver, CO. - Mildly sweet and very dark with no tongue bite and burns very well. Paired with my Stash brand Spice Chai Black Tea.

Jul 15, 2011
I too have been stricken sick with a bit of a head cold for the last week, so no smoking for me. I had popped a tin of Eileens Dream and was setting it out to dry when I first got sick, so I havent had the chance to try it yet. I have a tin of Sutliff Maple Street in the cellar that would be a good smoke for a fall day too. Damn this head cold! :evil:

mick

Can't Leave
Aug 13, 2012
It was definitely autumn here, cold wind, changing leaves, clouds that could have come directly from a Turner landscape. I liked it.
I smoked a bowl of Robert McConnell: Oriental in the a.m. and a bowl of Samuel Gawith: Grousemoor in the p.m., both of which were great autumn smokes. :puffpipe:
I like autumn but hate winter.

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
I like autumn but hate winter.

Sadly in many places these days Fall and Spring are becoming a thing of the past and Long Winters followed by long Summers are the new trend.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
Fall has been a favorite season for me as well. I enjoy the crisp air and the colors of the trees as they change. I also like looking forward to the holiday season.
Yet fall comes with mixed feelings. I will soon lose the long lazy afternoons when I have nothing better to do than sit on deck and enjoy an extra pipe. Soon enough the days will be cold, the freezing rain will be coming down sideways and the deck will be no place to sit at all. On the other hand I will regain the opportunity to visit the pipe club at the monthly meetings and have the pleasure of the company of other pipe smokers.
The weather still looks good this week. The nights are getting chilly, although not yet uncomfortable. I'm not sure how long it will last, so I'll probably be heading back to the marina sometime this week. Like everything else, summer doesn't last forever, but it's all good.

koshersmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 20, 2012
C&D Autumn Evening mixed with a pinch of Nutty Irishman on the front porch. :mrgreen:

Aug 14, 2012
To you guys with colds: There is something called artemis annua, sold as sweet annie herb. A really strong dose of it cures a cold in 5 minutes. I don't know why the doctors don't use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.