PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nortonnewbie

Lurker
Sep 8, 2012
so today being the greatest day ever.. the first day of my favorite season i thought i would ask what do you like to have in your bowl during autumn??

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
A great question. Currently I am sick with a very bad cold. I was up all night hacking and blowing my nose. This morning I had to give in and take flu medicine to feel somewhat normal. Generally speaking I chose nutty aromatics and Peterson's Special Reserve 2012 mixed in for a coffee kick to the taste. But I can't wait to see what other baccys will be mentioned here.
But since I have the god awful cold I am smoking my hookah. In case you didn't know this...a hookah is water vapor and is very soothing on the old respiratory system. I exhale through my nose and in no time at all I am draining as desired! So, since last night I have used my Arabian Coffee mixed with Carmel Latte tobaccos then this morning I am using Double Apple mixed with vanilla and Blueberry mixed with Grape. Mmmmm...tasty and easier on the cold affected lungs.

kris

Can't Leave
Sep 16, 2012
Tobacco. And lots of it! :puffpipe:
(Sorry for being a smartass).

nortonnewbie

Lurker
Sep 8, 2012
being new to pipes the only tobacco i have that is a bit fall like is maple street. after i let it dry (thanks to this forum) a bit i sat outside and enjoyed the smooth taste, nice breeze and a crap load of butterflies. we have several butterfly plants that they go nuts over.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
1Q, in a cob while I worked in the garden this morning. Clearing out a bed to make room for broccoli and onions. My carrots,radish, and arugula all sprouted. Now waiting on a bed of salad greens to sprout. I love getting the garden ready for the fall. I can grow all year long in the area I live in.
The wife is taking the kids to see her parents tomorrow. I think more 1Q and get some more stuff done in the yard and home made meatloaf for dinner! That is the other thing I love about cooler weather, comfort food!

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Do you have a load of Maple Street? If so consider setting the wetter stuff in a sealed plastic container and mixing it with Peterson's Connoisseur's Choice and a few pinches of Peterson's Sunset Breeze! You will thank me.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
The same thing I have in the spring, summer and winter. :D As I noted in another thread, I smoke even more lat heavy blends in cooler weather than I do in summer. I might also dig out some fuller tasting Virginia blends. I don't smoke aros at all, so I have no interest in "seasonal" smell/tasting blends.

doctorthoss

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 6, 2011
Autumn Evening is the only smoke I associate with Fall -- C&D nailed the name here, as I consider maple to be an Autumn-like flavor. And, when the weather changes, more latakia blends in general....

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
Autumn Evening is the only smoke I associate with Fall -- C&D nailed the name here, as I consider maple to be an Autumn-like flavor

I am smoking a big bowl of Autumn Evening to celebrate the beginning of fall as I type this. :puffpipe:

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Larry's Blend while barbecuing and listening to Prairie Home Companion. Doesn't get any better than that.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome aboard mthanded! :clap:
So that's what's wrong with me....

Cleaning out the computer room....

Game's on... so I'm done. :D
Russ Ouellette's Hearth & Home Berry Nice in my Dad's Old Caminetto.

dads-lft-600x423.jpg

:puffy:

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
It was 53° today. We had a nice gentle breeze. I spent the day putting up a light fixture while smoking some Fox and hounds. Never smoked this blend before but it grows on you after a while. I wish it could stay like this for the rest of the year and then back to summer again by passing winter altogether. I hate winter. I have severe osteoporosis, so I can't risk falling. I don't know why I live here in the first place, (Minnesota). but regardless of the time a year. I prefer Balkan blends all year around. Larry's blend is a good blend this time of year.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
I'm heading out in a few minutes to have a bowl of Autumn Evening.. even though I'm a Boswell fan boy and tried their Maple Leaf it doesn't come close to replacing Autumn Evening. there's been a stiff breeze all day and going down to 40 overnight. perfect first day of fall.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Unfortunately I am suffering with a cold too. Its been 6 days and I think I'm over the hump. It's cooling off here in Ohio and the leaves will soon be turning. My energy level is coming back so I rode 18 miles on my bicycle today in 1 hour 20 minutes. Still have a nagging cough so I haven't smoked a pipe since last Sunday. But I will be soon. Fall is my favorite season and love smoking a pipe outdoors in the crisp air. I don't change blends with the season just smoke my favorites all the time but do tend to enjoy english styles a little more when it cools down.
Nice post Norton, thanks.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
It has been a long summer here in NC. I'm now ready for some cooler weather as I need to get my entire HVAC system replaced this fall and was waiting for it to cool down in the attic.

Status
Not open for further replies.