PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
MAN! I read what you guys wrote and I had to try it... it came yesterday in the mail, and I let it set out this evening to dry a little. It was delicious... I see another order in my near future... Can't wait to try it all the different ways you guys told me to pack it.
THANKS.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
My first tin of it was smoked quicker than any other blend I've had. Just ordered my second tin :)

Jul 15, 2011
A big, fat bowl of Escudo after a steak dinner with a tall glass of sweet iced tea will cure whatever ails you. Thanks to a very generous forum member I scored some that is more than 10 years old. Im gonna really love that tin. I also have a partial fresh tin and an unopened fresh tin, one of the only tobaccos I like well enough to have multiple tins of at any given time.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Its the only tin that I have started to "cellar" so far (I've only been smoking since the end of December). I have 4 tins right now and plan on ordering 1 or 2 with every order I get for the next little while. Its a long way from Kashmir's 127 tins but hey, you gotta start somewhere!!!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
lucky695, glad to hear you enjoyed your first experience with Escudo. It was the tobacco that opened my eyes to how good smoking a pipe can be. It will always have a big place in my cellar.
Sam, I recently scored 8 tins of 2008 Escudo ( 17.00 a tin) and it is really good. It smooths out, gets creamier and more rounded. Try to hold a few for the ten year mark, it becomes even better.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I forgot how exceptional this stuff is, I've been smoking some new stuff for over a week now and finally lit up a bowl of Escudo on the way home. Ah yes......I'll definitely be adding to the cellar next order.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
The problem is patience Rothnh!!! I have 4 tins now so I should be good to age them now, I plan on ordering a couple of tins with each order. I think the pepperiness of the perique is what appeals to me.m if it only gets better with age then I can't wait!

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Its funny Mike, I smoke cigars for years and the nicotine in pipes kicks my butt all the time, never had that happen from even strong Cubans. I like the pepper and the mild flavour all at once, I plan on adding a few tins but I don't have the resources to stock like some on here. I think virginias are really appealing right now so I'll add a few tins here and there but have no intention of stock piling hundreds of pounds as I don't have the $ or the space to do so. Plus I keep finding new things I like. Scottish Blend and Black Shag have really caughjt my attention as well. I also have some Frog Morton Cellar I'm saving for the next pipe club meeting for Pruss and I to try

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
ok... so where do you guys "Score" these ages tins? Ebay? local B&M? friends?

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I went to a B&M across the river from me and the tobacconist gave me a tin of Escudo Navy Deluxe (flake medallions) along with a tin of Davidoff Flake Medallion to try some samples. I liked both but I liked the Escudo more so I bought a tin of it.

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
I love the stuff (escudo). I have been smoking a pipe for ~40 years and I still can not find one that I like exclusively. I like many tobacs. I really think now that liking a range of tobacs keeps things interesting, something to look forward to. I do wish I could cellar escudo, but I continue to smoke every tin I purchase.
mike.

tgwilt

Lurker
Feb 11, 2012
Just this week I was able to score 10 tins of Escudo to add to the 9 tins in my cellar. Absolutely love this blend and FVF. Just ordered 500g of that, too. I'm 60 years old so I don't worry too much about aging. I'd hate to shed this mortal coil and leave a lot of tobacco behind, although there would be instructions to 'bomb' certain friends.

trucha

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 26, 2013
I just had my first escudo last week. I've been trying new tobaccos for the last few months and that was the first one that I said "OH MY GOD". It is so good that I could just smoke that and not even worry about smoking anything else for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.