PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

theloniousmonkfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2017
Man, I completely forgot about those, think they came in a set of two. Yeah, definitely "smoked" them and chewed the fake cigarette and cigar gum and ate the chalky red stained tip candy cigarettes. Of course the bags of tobacco were in the same aisle as all that candy too.....

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
The only tobacco-themed candy I ever liked were the bubblegum cigars. I grew up to be not a cigar smoker. Wierd, huh?

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Attacking tobacco and tobacco related products, including candies with a tobacco related theme, makes for an ideal distraction as the new, new world order widen the gap between haves and havenots. Hopefully they will bore themselves with us soon and move onto some other vulnerable scapegoat.
Carnivores perhaps?

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
Ah Finland. They're also experimenting with giving everyone a stipend. Awesomeness in a non thinking world.
The stipend thing could actually prove to be brilliant. Milton Friedman thought such income guarantees were a good idea. The crusade against pipes and tobacco, though, is quite daft.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Man, they would have a stroke over this!
BLC-jasonliebigstuff.jpg

alexnorth

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2015
Dottiewarden you might be right! Fortunately for them, the rules mostly apply to the have-nots.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Everything is highly taxed by government here,even using your personal car involves annual tax,bans and regulations all over,leaving alone tobacco,speaking in general the cost of living is very expensive here,mostly same thing with Sweden,although,were I younger I'd leave this welfare kingdom moving to Spain or U.S.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Cranse Iron: Free basic education+colleges,heath care,welfare,social housing,assulium seekers and on, keeping this all up and going further require huge money and evantually leads to high taxes most on everything imaginable.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Here in the UK when I was a kid, one could buy 'tobacco' in a sweetshop called 'Spanish Gold'. Basically it was shredded coconut dyed brown and did remarkably resemble a pile of ribbon/shag tobacco. If I recall it was sold in flip top boxes of the cigarette type.
Not seen it in years but it was rather nice :puffy:
Regards,
Jay.

inquisitor3

Lurker
Jun 20, 2017
You have to give Finland props for fending off Russia in WWII. Tough people. But this? Have they banned soap bubble pipes too?

paddypiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2017
Ontario, Canada
How in the world does a candy even remotely promote smoking? I mean I remember candies like that when I was a kid, and I remember thinking I looked cool because I had a fake pipe, but I doubt that's what led me to actually smoke a pipe. It was more likely the chocolate cigarettes and chocolate cigars from my childhood that led to pipe smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.