PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 15, 2017
My history with tobacco pipes is relatively short. I started off with a cheap, $20 pipe that would give me third degree burns. It didn't matter how slow you smoked it. I upgraded to a $70 Nording (Obsessed with it) several months ago and I am the happiest man alive. However, my Nording is a big pipe and I can spend a hour smoking her easily. I am looking for a smaller pipe (that would be easier to clench) that has a straight stem. I feel like this would be a nice addition to my incredibly small collection.
Also, I was wondering if there are any pipes that are one piece. What I mean by that is there any pipes without a detachable stem. Stem and bowl are one complete unit. I don't like the transition (from stem to bowl) that most pipes have. Is there a certain label for such a pipe?

Jan 8, 2013
Well your options are limited on pipes without a detachable stem as it's not easy to accomplish with briar. However, I believe I've seen a few. I think your best bet would be clay pipes. Most are one piece.

kiel

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 27, 2016
Smokingpipes has those small tsuge pipes on sale. They don't fit all of your criteria, but might be worth a look.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
There are all sorts of transitions pipe to stem, some virtually unnoticeable. A benefit to two pieces is easier and more thorough cleaning.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I think you'd like a Falcon. Get one with a Meerschaum Bowl.
It's not what you specifically asked for, but it's what you need.
I agree with this, but also humbly offer up Kirstens as an alternative. They, too, can be had with a Meer bowl and I love the design. Wonderful smokers.

Status
Not open for further replies.