PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpkrause

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
Nice choice. Just recently got my first Stanwell. I love that pipe. Smokes great, especially for the price. My Stanwell has quickly become one of my regular pipes in my rotation. Hope you like yours as much as I love mine.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
Update- I received the billiard today. I was surprised when I put the pipe in my mouth. I got the taste of sulfered vulcanite. I looked at the stem and it immediately started to turn color. Yes, the stem is vulcanite. I'm was a little disappointed. You would think a new pipe would not do this. So, I took it to my shop for a quick buff and all is new again.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Update- I received the billiard today. I was surprised when I put the pipe in my mouth. I got the taste of sulfered vulcanite. I looked at the stem and it immediately started to turn color. Yes, the stem is vulcanite. I'm was a little disappointed. You would think a new pipe would not do this. So, I took it to my shop for a quick buff and all is new again
I guess you got one that's a few years old (at least it's made in Denmark) But why do you think it started changing color? From smoking it or did it just go from cold air to warm?
Personally I like both vulcanite and lucite, both have their advantages. Glad it's like new now. I will be surprised if it isn't a great smoker - I've been very impressed by Stanwells.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
I'm not sure why it started changing color. It could have been sitting on a shelf in the shop for years and the sun light trough a window oxidized the stem. I'm glad it's an older stanwell. It kinda gives it a little history.

Status
Not open for further replies.