PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I dont have quite the strong opinion of friday, but ive gotta say, ive got a MM cob, and i have yet to enjoy smoking it. I find it burns extremely hot, i end up with tbacco coming thru the stem, or ash. Cool looking pipe, but i never reach for it. Maybe im doing something wrong? I smoke aro's almost exclusively

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Pipe mud in the bottom to level the bottom of the chamber with the draft hole combined with the eventual burning off of the portion of the shank that protrudes into the bowl will help with the hot ash issue. Also getting a forever stem will narrow the draft hole and eliminate the problem. I had that problem with the Legend but not the Egg.

zhizn

Lurker
Nov 9, 2010
Cobs are in my regular rotation and they all smoke great. I agree with sparroa that the Country Gent is the best IMO. I have a couple of MacArthurs that I need to try out. Anyone had experience with these?

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
I have a Hackert cob with a horn stem and it's not in my rotation as I don't care for cobs all that much...Like hawk60cs, I've tried a MM before buying the Hackert cob and it burned hot, got burnt tobacco in my mouth and the stem melted, I think it's just the inexpensive stem that come with the cobs...

choppa

Might Stick Around
Aug 11, 2012
Maui
What gives??? Someone changed the title of my thread?? What the heck is a cobwarden?? :?:

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
A churchwarden is a pipe with a long stem, like the ones in Lord of the Rings series. If the stem on a corncob is replaced with a long stem, it becomes a cobwarden.

But, I have no idea why your title was changed.

choppa

Might Stick Around
Aug 11, 2012
Maui
The title was "Finally Bought a Corn Cob"...
I don't own a "cobwarden" Could the Mod who changed the title please correct this... After all... we must be precise and accurate around here :)

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
seems like a lot of work to be able to have a well smoking cob. for me, i think i'll stick with the briars. to each there own tho, and if it works for you, enjoy the great deal!

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I left the hose today with out my pipe so I picked up a pony express MM and an ounce of no bite burley. I enjoyed it very much! Heck a pipe for $4 and a bag of backy for $4! Can't beat that! :puffy:

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I picked up a MM Pony a couple of weeks ago to smoke while I was at the Cigar Shop working. Must say it smoked just fine. It was my first new pipe also.

ruraldean

Might Stick Around
Apr 27, 2012
I have one and one only. I bought it several years into pipe smoking as I'd never seen the point and thought they were a bit "Mickey Mouse". Of course, I'd ignored countless threads like this telling me different.
After 7 years I'm still occasionally smoking the same cob, and can't for the life of me understand why it hasn't been utterly destroyed. I'm glad it hasn't and must by another half a dozen.

Status
Not open for further replies.