PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhpdrew

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2010
Washington State
So, I am sitting here watching "Agatha Christie's Miss Marple" on netflix while enjoying some 3 cherry in my Savinelli Gandalf. I got to thinking... while watching a movie what blends and pipes do you all enjoy?

buck67

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2010
Little Rock
I smoke outdoors, on the back deck, so I don't get to do both at the same time. However, if I did smoke while watching the LOTR trilogy or my favorite John Wayne movie, I'm sure I would be smoking some Wilshire or another tobacco with a pleasing room note.

buck67

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2010
Little Rock
By the way, Wilshire is the same as Lane 1Q, in most cases. I get it from my local baccy shop. I love to support my local shop all I can.

colonelmcmuf

Might Stick Around
Sep 25, 2010
Unfortunately My Barracks doesn't allow smoking in the rooms. Otherwise I would probably be as diverse as my usual smoking habits.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Watching a movie doesn't influence my choice of tobacco or pipe at all, but I must say that

any version of old Sherlock Holmes mysteries makes the experience better.

With the holiday season approaching, I hasten to add that all the Christmas themed movies

work for me in the same way.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I smoke outdoors, on the back deck, so I don't get to do both at the same time. However, if I did smoke while watching the LOTR trilogy or my favorite John Wayne movie, I'm sure I would be smoking some Wilshire or another tobacco with a pleasing room note.
Dead on Buck.... me too.

However: for some reason I have to smoke Sasieni Balkan when I watch John Wayne's Back To Batan.

buck67

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2010
Little Rock
Sands of Iwo Jima, one of my favorite "Sunday after Church" movies. Also, El Dorado and Rio Bravo. Gotta love the Duke. Of course, The Outlaw Josie Wales is a fine one also.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
El Dorado and Rio Bravo
I watch them at least once a week. If you don't have Back to Batan.... you gotta get it. I think it's his best of the war movies. I found it among the $1 movies at Wally World. That's also a great source for finding those old Sherlock Holmes episodes and movies.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
The movie doesn't affect what type of pipe or tobacco I smoke. I just choose something that I want to smoke at the time.
On a side note: I also love El Dorado and Rio Bravo. It is kind of funny because I normally detest movies that are made from the same exact story line as other movies, but for some reason, I love these two movies even though they have the same exact plot and story line.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
The main event in each movie are almost exactly the same, I grant you.

But their are significantly different applications of those common themes.
Man looses everything, then gets his hat, then his horse, his guns, then respect.

Wait.... that's Silverado.

spacecowboy57

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 14, 2010
I'm in a dorm, but I may just have to bring my TV outside next time I decide to watch LoTR

buck67

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2010
Little Rock
My wife and I were watching Slingblade the other night. The movie was filmed in Benton, Ar, just 2 miles down the road. I never noticed, before now, that Karl's friend and director of the "nervous" hospital smokes a pipe throughout the movie. He is in several scenes smoking a straight pipe, not sure of make but it looks nice. The characters' name is Jerry Woolridge, played by James Hampton. The movie is one of our favorites.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Last night I got stuck watching this:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0041263/
since the sheriff was smoking a pipe and trying to get the lead guy to pick up pipe smoking. "You smoke too much, you need a pipe...I'll give you a pipe".

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
I enjoy watching movies on Netflix in my garage while smoking. Very relaxing. I am currently watching a movie right now actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.