PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
This FDA thing has excused some seriously reckless spending on my part. My week long total thus far is at around 85 tins!!! Heavy sigh :(

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
Nice link. I've seen that all before, but not in one place. Suddenly having 50 pounds seems woefully short. My math says 4 bowls a day for 30 years is about 275 pounds.....

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I haven't seen any text on the FDA regs that would impede sales of established non-aromatic blends, although disrupting aromatic sales would sap the industry at large and put blenders and retailers in financial jeopardy. So, we all end up smoking non-aromatic blends that haven't been modified since 1960 or something? Aromatics are the revenue stream for tobacco companies, their blenders and retailers. It sounds like that is the choke point. Maybe lay in some tubs? How are those backyard tobacco plants doing?

carbonmated

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 5, 2015
I have not been ordering tins as of yet. I have however been blending my own blends for the cellar. I have 3 blends complete so far with more that I am researching tobacco for. So far it is averaging $36-$52 per pound to blend my own stuff. So far I have added 6 pounds to the cellar of my VaPer with Dark Fired Kentucky, a Latakia forward Burley blend with Orientals and an Oriental forward English. I am planning on doing a Virginia blend next with Dark Fired Kentucky and Black Cavendish.
There are several blends I plan on ordering in tins, but it is not panic mode...... yet. Be well everyone :puffy:

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
In 30 years of pipe smoking I have seen blends come and go. Many of those blends will never return whether due to the blenders leaving or the leaf no longer available. A few of this bends I loved and they are gone forever. Yet I continue to smoke a pipe and it continues to bring me enormous pleasure.
Life has a way of balancing out and you can't tell the good days without the bad.
I am just gonna keep on keeping on.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
My cellar is wide and deep. I have been buying two of this and that since the 1980s! And yet, and yet, I feel as if I have been denuded of something here.
Why is it okay to sanction CMO food products and do everything within the regulatory power of the FDA to eradicate tobacco?
I just put in a large tin order with SP.com. I am retired. I thought I was covered, but the more I read and the more I go over my cellar, and the more I consider my mortality, I'm not sure that I have enough to seem me to the grave!
Oh, woe is me!

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
Now would be a good time to learn how to grow tobacco. Not much, maybe 4-5 plants just to get your feet wet. You know the old saying... " Give a man some tobacco and he smokes for a day (or until the FDA takes it away from him) but teach a man to grow tobacco and he smokes forever... " :)

Status
Not open for further replies.