PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Getting my bike off the trainer and on the road. Getting my scooter out and about. Wearing shorts and knowing summer is just around the corner when me and the mutt can hang out at the beach and swim in that miracle known as Lake Michigan. Chicago is a great city in the summer.

nyed001

Might Stick Around
Feb 1, 2011
Things I like about spring

trout season

turkey season

riding the Harley

women wearing less clothing

cold beer outside with the guys after a club work day

thats just to name a few.

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
I love everything about Spring except the freakin' pollen. Here in GA, the stuff coats everything in a greenish yellow dust and I seem to be allergic to several types of pollen.
Other than that, we have about 6-8 bird feeders out on the side yard and enjoy watching chipping sparrows, doves, blue jays, cardinals, grackles, and all kinds of finches.
I enjoy smoking my pipe and reading a book while watching the kids play in the yard.

Now, hopefully, I can get out and play a few rounds of golf this year, or go get some fishing in. Haven't done either in a few years.
Edited to add: Oh yeah, and #2 is a beautiful thing!

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Squirrels bowling in the attic.

storm.jpg

w1nd0wl1cker

Might Stick Around
Apr 4, 2011
My favorite thing about spring is sitting out on the deck enjoying my two favorite hobbies: pipe smoking(without freezing my behind off) and beer(just finished up with a buddy bottling some of our own brew!!!).

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
:lol: Yeah, there were a few moments of pretty hard stuff, but it blew through pretty fast. Seems to have calmed down finally about 30 minutes ago. From the way it looks so far, I'm in an area that the storm split around and wasn't as intense.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I just like that I can smoke more since I'm not freezing my rear off out in the garage...
-Jason

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
@ Bootleg,
We had Tur-nader just South of here.

It knocked out power at my sis-inlaw's for almost 3 days.

We had a lot of limbs and a few trees down around here.

Power blinked several times.

We didn't watch the storm but, had no trouble hearing it.

We rode it out in the basement.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
Sitting outside right now, listening to music, coding, drinking peppermint tea (using mint from my herb garden), and smoking my pipe. Pce winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.