PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Best Brown Flake, OGS, Brigham Klondike Gold and Carter Hall. Lots and lots of Carter Hall in the summer

jimmyh

Lurker
Feb 6, 2014
Started out this year so time will tell which my favorite summer blend will be but for the past 3-4 Days we've had summerish weather in southern Sweden and I have been really enjoying MM 965 and 5 brother spiked vanilla Cream flake.

Mar 1, 2014
Whatever will tide me over until next winter best. I can't stand the heat. Most bowls will probably be at sunrise or sunset (between 4-6AM and 9-11PM).
Given that I started this year it's going to be interesting finding out what works better in the warm than the rest of the year. Whatever the case it's safe to say there's going to be a lot of SG St. James Flake and Nording Labrador. If I thought something was stinky in February it certainly won't be any better in the summer.

philm68

Lurker
Apr 22, 2014
I like the Peterson summer breeze. For some reason it leaves almost a refreshing feeling and has an awesome smell. Took a chance on it and am very satisfied.

joeyanchors

Lurker
Apr 19, 2014
petes03 great minds think a like. I too have been on the same kick.. There is just something about flakes in any form that just does it for me!

transmutated

Might Stick Around
Apr 9, 2014
I have found myself smoking a lot less since it got hot. Nightcap and other English Blends seem too much. Even the Virginia Perique blends I've been enjoying recently (Deluxe Navy Rolls, Elizabethan Mixture, Irish Oak) have got a bit...uurgh.

As a nicotine addict I have been left wondering what to do. Milder tobaccos I love like Dunhill Flake are great but not strong enough for all the time.

Andy Stewart gave me some "aromaticish" cavendish tobacco that smells and taste really really nice but doesn't really provide me with the hit I often need...but then, oh I have found a great solution.
Red Bull Strong Snuff is really nice. Two nostril fulls of that and a pipe of mild tobacco (especially the above mentioned tobacco from Andy - really delicious) and I am in heaven.
This is an ideal hot weather solution for nicotine addicts. You get to smoke light mild blends, satisfy your need for nicotine and have nostrils filled with Mint and Eucalyptus.
I would imagine lots of people have been doing this for a couple of hundred years before I discovered it but...hey.

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
I have been smoking Sir Walter Raleigh for the first time quite a bit since the start of the warmer weather up here in Upstate NY. I have found it much much more enjoyable than I expected.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
Aromatics during the summer and in the colder months latakia takes their place. VA and VAPERS are a year round thing for me.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
With the hot stuff on us now I'm still catching a bowl of EMP first thing in the morning. I may not smoke again until evening and then it's 965. I'm thinking I might just get some CH for the hot weather too.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm really liking Peter Stokkebye's Luxury Navy Flake. I'm not sure it's season specific, but it has

a nice rich but not overbearing flavor. OGS is a great recommendation in earlier posts. I may

try Sutliff's Taste of Summer while it's seasonal.

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
I don't get season specific really as I generally smoke indoors. During the summer however if I'm smoking outside a favorite combination of mine is a Hefeweizen with some Orlik Golden Sliced.

B

manolo

Lurker
Jul 22, 2014
I just discovered that Esoterica Tobacciana goes really well with a cold citrusy beer like Shock Top or Blue Moon. Awesome pairing for a hot sumer day.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
This summer it seems to be C&D Old Joe Krantz available in bulk on discount from SP.

Not exactly the light summer smoke I'd expect for summer, but a good full-bodied smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.