Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

erichbaumer

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
I can't even describe how badly I want an Ashton... I may try to grab a birthyear someday (1993, which would make it a Taylor). In similar threads I've answered with my Wellington copy of the Peterson system, but since getting it, this Stanwell Sixtus has become an easy pick for my favorite...

pipingruotsi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 6, 2013
I couldn't decide, so I chose three of my current favorites...
Comoy's Sunrise Tawny Grain

2013-09-28-122830-600x337.jpg

Pre-1936 Kaywoodie Drinkless Apple

2013-09-28-122905-600x337.jpg

The Tinder Box Unique

2013-09-28-122725-600x337.jpg

The Tinder Box Unique I just picked up off ebay for less than $20 shipped. There's over 1/4 inch of wood in the walls and has some awesome birdseye. IMO, I should've been outbid by a lot of money on this thing. Last night, I made the mistake of firing up a bowl at 11:15. Well, an hour and a half later.... I wanted to go to bed long before it was done, but there was no way I was letting 1/2 a bowl of Samovar go to waste.

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
Aw, Ron, no pic?
Well since this thread just showed up again I might as well.
GBD_zps3383ab37.jpg
[/url][/img] She may not be the most unique pipe, but she is my baby.

~Ron

buzzbegone

Lurker
Sep 28, 2013
I really love all my pipes, but the pipe I smoke the most is the one I bring to my job every workday.
It's an Altinok Apple Spigot meerschaum pipe.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
There's a lot of great looking pipes in this thread.
My favorite pipe is my Savinelli 645 Bent Apple Short Pipe. Its not fancy and it's not expensive, but I love the shape, look, feel and it smokes great.

buzzbegone

Lurker
Sep 28, 2013
Thanks for the compliments pipingruotsi. I'm proud of my babies, although I only have 7 children with my lovely wife; 1 human, 5 meerschaums, and 1 "adopted" briar (he's not related to us, but we love him just the same as the rest of the kids).

pipingruotsi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 6, 2013
lol How do you keep it so shiny? I have a couple meers that have colored nicely, but are matte in sheen.

buzzbegone

Lurker
Sep 28, 2013
@pipingruotsi
Regarding my meer(s); I don't really do anything special with them other than smoking them. I would probably make the elder meer collectors here cringe, because I take my meers everywhere: fixing cars, fishing, hunting, work, tattoo shops, gentlemen clubs, in bed with wifey, etc. And I don't always keep my hands clean or grease free while handling them, and I do handle them bare-skinned/sans gloves. I only run a soft pipe cleaner through the stem/mouthpiece and I gently clean the inside of the bowl with cotton q-tips. I don"t re-wax my meers either, I believe accepting the imperfections adds to their beauty.

pipingruotsi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 6, 2013
Well, your nothing special seems to work better than my nothing special. lol I do basically the same thing as you, except I don't think my better half would let me take my pipe to bed. :eek:

buzzbegone

Lurker
Sep 28, 2013
My work meer pipe may look nice, but it's been through hell and back. The worst that's happened to it is when I accidentally dropped it long ago in the aquarium in my office lol! I no longer have aquariums in my office by the way, and that pic was taken recently so the pipe is still good.

pipingruotsi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 6, 2013
Somehow, I only manage to drop meerschaum pipes. It always seems to be on concrete too. So far the worst that's happened is a chipped stem.

Status
Not open for further replies.