PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Hmm, tough choice. Under $100, probably this James Upshall Bulldog.

Under $50, hands down this GBD 9438.

$100+, my Ferndown 3 Star Bark, a rare, for me, new pipe purchase

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
For me 99% of the time its the one I have lit in hand.I grabed that one because of the way it smokes the blend chosen,or for the mood I'm in...

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Well, I have a Comoy Strauss Private Stock that is quite good but... I also have a Comoy Riband Panel that is also very good. On the lower side, in terms of money, it is a toss up between Butz Choquin or a Brog. Also have a Sven Lars Freehand, Handmade that may actually be a bit better than the Comoy Strauss.

terry

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
I tend to like small pipes...Peterson system 31 is my favorite so far.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
It's stickin' outta MAH FACE! My big meerschaum is my go to pipe as long as it's not resting.
IMAG0014.jpg

john218

Part of the Furniture Now
May 5, 2012
Connecticut
Too many fall in that category to pick one. A couple of my Charatans and an Ascorti Business are among my favorites. The Ascorti is lightweight and a nice dry smoker. Under $45 would include a Shamrock (Peterson second) silver banded apple that I bought at a tag sale years ago. I found recently that it's a Pre-Republic. It's a great smoker, with very nice briar. It's much nicer briar than a Pete tag sale Kildare that a family member picked up for me. In this day and age, the Shamrock would be graded higher than the Kildare.
Al, I like the Cumberland stem on your Ferndown.

sergemoat

Can't Leave
Oct 15, 2011
My SMS meer would be my favorite sub $100 pipe, I bought it "used" off ebay but when it arrived it looked brand new.

sms-tomato-1-600x450.jpg

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
It's a toss up between my Bari Wiking freehand or my Savinelli 320ks rusticated Author...
@al...i dig that GBD 9438...gonna have to go search one out...
002-033-1994.jpg

Jul 15, 2011
or my Savinelli 320ks rusticated Author...
Ditto to that! I own two Savinelli 320 pipes, one in the Trevi rusticated finish and one in the 320 EX Baronet Bruyere, and both are absolute dream smokers for me. I feel like that is a pipe that is just made for me. Nice weight, nice heft, bowl dimensions are absolutely perfect. Not too deep and not too wide, just perfect. If there was one pipe shape that I was going to collect exclusively, it would be that shape. Can't say enough good things about it.

yuri66

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2010
My all time favorite Pipe is the first one I ever bought on my own, my Silvano Dongo, bought it back in 1990 right before the first gulf war while stationed in Germany cost 120 DM, back then a lot of money, and its still my first pipe that I reach for, I inhereted many pipes from my Dad but that one was my first self bought and it still smokes like a champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.