PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

henryp

Lurker
Aug 17, 2013
Chicago
Hi Guys,
So far I really like the bent billiard (Sav 606) it fits my hand well, it doesn't get hot and it smokes english well. But it's a pretty deep bowl and makes for a long smoke. Which I like. My peterson 999 has a shallower bowl, shorter smoke, but is a pipe I have to cradle as the bowl is not tall. Smokes well, though. I also have a meer from college, my starter, which has more sentimental value than smoking value (I chose to not clean this one).
So what's your favorite shape? I like the look of forward leaning dublins, and think I might need one for virginias, but I'm new to this.
Thanks!
P.S. Obviously this is a shout for attention with regards to my burgeoning PAD.

boudreaux

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2013
Favorite shape is quickly becoming billiard. Simple, easy to clean.
I do have an estate Peterson System 301 that smokes well, though, and I tend to sit and hold my pipes when smoking, rather than clenching.

4dotsasieni

Jan 6, 2013
Black sandblast "Author" shape. So far, I have a couple of Rattray's: a "Butcher's Boy" that came with an alternate longer stem that turns it into a sort of churchwarden, and three Savinellis: a Trevi, an Antique Shell and a Roma Lucite.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I guess I would have to say variety in shapes is important to me, but Dublins and billiards are at the top, with much appreciation

for authors, bulldogs, Rhodesians, zulu, diplomats, apple, prince, cherrywood, poker, pot, ball, Calabash, and so forth. Likewise,

I savor all the way from straight, to full bent, with all the permutations, including a curved churchwarden and a canted Gouda

clay pipe. I do not have a horn, blowfish, cutty, or many other shapes. I do have one freehand tomahawk which I like very much.

leacha

Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
Cuttys and Dublins (tie), although I can't seem to put down my Falcon.
IMG_0065sm.jpg

henryp

Lurker
Aug 17, 2013
Chicago
- Perique
I was looking for a HC Andersen, but they are hard to find.
- 4Dots
Always thought the authors looked great and would be a nice, short pocket pipe.
- roth
So far I like bent pipe and can see the virtue (and beauty) of slightly bent shanks/stems. Easier to clean and better draw too. I should be getting this tomorrow:
http://www.tobaccopipes.com/savinelli-porto-cervo-rustic-316-ks-tobacco-pipe/
Thanks you guys. Now I'm ust jonsin' for a dublin.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I don't really have a preferred shape as I like a variety. I like Poker's, Bulldog's, Brandy's/Apple's, and Dublin's. Of all my pipes though my favorite pipe is a half bent brandy/apple. Its a Savinelli 645. Excellent pipe!

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
The majority of my collection are billiards. I like bulldogs and Canadians. Have maybe 10 bent stemms and a couple of Ben Wade Danish free hands by Preban Holm.

jogilli

Might Stick Around
Feb 7, 2013
Egg shape is by far my favorite.. when I make a pipe for me its nearly always an egg ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.