PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I just mentioned on the underrated pipe thread, the Peterson B11 bent brandy, an ample bowl, a full bend, and a sitter besides, and seldom mentioned or admired online. It's available in various series at different price levels. Maybe it strikes some as mundane or ordinary, but take a second look. I think it is usually or always done with a fishtail bit.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
[*]I like my new one I just got... (yes thats amber stem)

vNuoSA7.jpg

But... my favorite is my Darwin B42

X80PAU4.jpg

Jan 8, 2013
Pylorns I love that spigot with the amber stem. I have B42 as well, but mine's a spigot. They're a wonderfully hefty shaped pipe.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
My Peterson 999 Grafton gets the most usage. It's a great Virginia pipe. i also have 14 others, including 2 system pipes that get a lot of use.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Wow, I'm jealous Pylorns - I've been oogling the Amber Stem pipes (few that are available). Congratulations. Now, will you smoke the Amber stem or only the acrylic? Did yours come with the screw-in bone extension? (some seem to offer that).

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
I just mentioned on the underrated pipe thread, the Peterson B11 bent brandy, an ample bowl, a full bend, and a sitter besides, and seldom mentioned or admired online. It's available in various series at different price levels. Maybe it strikes some as mundane or ordinary, but take a second look. I think it is usually or always done with a fishtail bit.
The 'B' sizes are quickly becoming my favorite Peterson shapes, especially the B65, which is just a big hunky billiard.

Dec 28, 2015
My flame grain 268 (Zulu) is my favorite. I don’t seem to see too many Petes in this classic simple shape. It’s a great smoker also.
7680c988-ce09-4814-87cb-3c79aed5c272-476x600.jpg

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
I have a baker's dozen Peterson House pipes, both billiard and bent, rusticated, sandblast and smooth with silver-caps, and I smoke them every day. I believe they are the finest Peterson pipes. My only wish is that they came in a fishtail, rather than p-lip.
I also have a dozen B42 (Darwin), from rusticated up to supreme, some fishtail, some p-lip. Also smoked every day. I love the shape, and they seem the perfect size to smoke any blend.

Jan 8, 2013
I have a baker's dozen Peterson House pipes, both billiard and bent, rusticated, sandblast and smooth with silver-caps, and I smoke them every day. I believe they are the finest Peterson pipes. My only wish is that they came in a fishtail, rather than p-lip.
The House Pipes can indeed be found in a fishtail. Although I'm not 100% certain about the silver capped. Here's one on Ebay right now if you're interested....
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Peterson-House-Pipe-Billiard-Terracotta-Fishtail-Mouthpiece-/151459244603
s-l1600.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.