HU Aus dem Krater Plug
Richmond Navy Cut

Among many others

Oddball

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 29, 2022
TN
Of the ones I have tried....

I cast a vote for Sam Gawith Navy Flake. It's got the Virginia, it has the rum, it has a hint of latakia. The Latakia is subtle, big time in the back which is why I like it. The rum is also subtle but it has a richness rather than a topping flavor and feel. The flakes are dark and full of crystals, fresh or aged, I feel like the Captain when I smoke these flakes...

On the other end, I want to mention Black Frigate. It's not a flake but it's a Navy blend for sure. Its got more smoke and more booze flavors. This one makes me feel like the first mate, mean, in charge, and easily the most feared man on the deck or below it...

The other flakes mentioned that I have tried are equally gold standard pipe tobaccos as well as great flakes. These two just feel the most 'navy' to me!

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Another vote for PSLNF, atop a list of a continuously revolving handful beneath it.

Also wanted to mention something else here...a page back on this thread, a practice I abhor was brought up: the practice of a "continually evolving" English language. Legalese is the extreme example of this practice i.e. giving a word several different meanings. Confusion and rampant misunderstandings are inevitable under this practice, not to mention making George Orwell look like a prophet.

Reactions: FLDRD