PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

octavius

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 15, 2011
I know that there has to be a similar thread, but here I go anyhow...
What is your favorite, all-time, desert island, English tobacco?
For myself, it is Frog Morton on the Town. Perfect combination of sweet and smoky latakia, like a campfire marshmallow.
*edit*- Moved to Pipe Tobacco Discussion -Jason

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Penzance. There is nothings else like it. I can only describe it as creamy and earthy with a distinct deep taste that I have never found in any other blend that I have tried. Next up would be McClelland Blue Mountain. My daily bread was Dunhill 965 for years, and I still enjoy it from time to time.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I will do this in what I think is lightest to heaviest Mcclelland makes Frog Morton On The Town,and British Woods.They also make a bulk tobacco that I like #2045.If you like a pretty heavy Latakia blend Penzance is just about perfect.

xoibsurferx

Might Stick Around
Oct 30, 2011
Monroe, NC
What does an English blend taste like? I've been skeptical to try one because I'm not sure if I'd like it since everyone says its an acquired taste.
What I have tried is:

-Captain Black (white)

-Prince Albert (Cherry/vanilla)

-McCranies red ribbon (virginia)
If I had a favorite english I'd chime in!

dburrows

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2011
I don't know about acquired taste... I seemed to take to English blends more than any other right away.
That being said, right now it's Magnum Opus. Love Westminster. Adding FMOTT to the list to purchase as we speak though :)

xoibsurferx

Might Stick Around
Oct 30, 2011
Monroe, NC
I agree it is very overwhelming. There's millions of blends out there and I walked into McCranie's about to fall over when I saw how many different types of blends there are.
Sorry to hijack your thread! I'll just have to buy a tin and try it out sometime!

bhpdrew

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2010
Washington State
Lets see... stranded on a desert island... can only have one English..... that's easy. Kate Beckensale!
Frog Morton on the Bayou is tied with Frog Morton on the Town for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.