texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
No order here,

Sutliff Maple Street

C&D Autumn Evening

Sutliff Queen Anne's Revenge

Boswell's Pipers Pleasure
Irish Flake and University Flake by Peterson (Some wouldn't call these aromatic, but they certainly have a strong and prominent top note)

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
I have tried the WO Larssen Fine and Elegant .. not bad. I also like the Ashton Winding Road.

ugh457

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 28, 2013
Brantford, Ont.
Peterson's Connoisseurs Choice

Mac Baren Vanilla Cream

SG Grousemoor
As others have said, some like them, some do not ....
(I'm still trying as many aros/non-aros as I can, a tasty adventure!!)

grue

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2016
What crashthegrey said. Pipe smoking is about what you enjoy, not what conforms to some universal higher standard.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Royal Yacht, Iwan Ries Three Star Blue ... a number of others. Aromatic pipe tobacco is, according to PC's Russ O., 95+% of the pipe tobacco market. In other words, it sustains the whole industry and without aromatics, there would be many fewer non-aromatics available. Aromatic blends sustain the market. I like non-aromatics best but I know what sustains the revenue stream.

pipedreams86

Might Stick Around
Nov 25, 2016
awesome! my TAD list has just grown exponentially! Autumn Evening and Corn Cob pipe seem to be on a lot of peoples lists...I have really loved testing out the MacBaren Vanilla cream blend...
while we're on the subject of aromatics...i've been buying up every tobacco i can afford..but i saw somewhere that aromatics don't benefit from aging...in the same way that blends like Night Cap would...but does it actually hurt aromatics to be stored for years? or do they just not benefit from it?
the reason i ask is i'm trying to build up a stock cellar for the years to come, being a newbie in the pipe hobby and the FDA restrictions looming, but am i buying tobaccos to store that won't actually taste good when i open them in years to come? hope that made sense it's been a long day ;)

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
General rule is that the topping on aromatics fades over time. Not always the case but seems to be the majority opinion that I have seen.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Hands down favorite is Mac Baren Cube Silver, but I always have Vanilla Cream Loose Cut on hand too.

Peterson Sunset Breeze certainly makes the grade.
Stay away from Mac Baren Cherry Ambrosia.

andvary

Might Stick Around
Aug 29, 2016
So far my firm favourite is McClelland Tastemaster.
pt-mc20050.png

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
In no particular order: Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend, P&W #515, H&H Anni Kake, SWRA, Royal Yacht, and I'm sure there are a couple others.
Semi-aros: SWR, Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match, Stonehaven.

pipedreams86

Might Stick Around
Nov 25, 2016
thanks so much @MortonBriar, thats an awesome cellar on sale, I have sent the seller a PM...
@prairiedruid thanks for the info...I guess the worst case scenario if the topping on an aromatic fades it should still be a good smoke right?
my TAD list is growing by the post!
I can highly recommend Sutliff Christmas Spice having smoked a few bowlfuls of it the last couple of days :)

Status
Not open for further replies.