PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben88

Lifer
Jun 5, 2015
Quebec
I am thinking of buying a Falcon International stem and 7 bowls to make a weekly rotation.

Interested if anyone does that, or using the same stem over and over, even if cleaned on regular basis,

still diminishes the quality of a smoke?

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Ben if you can get a great deal on bowls it will work perfectly! I have several Falcons, But the bowls almost cost as much as a new pipe does.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Where are you getting bowls for 25$?
Your plan will work.But would get too boring and tedious for me.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I have 7 stems and 18 bowls and change up stems each time I smoke a bowl, but that's just my preference. Using one stem all the time is just fine. It's all about what you like.

macfeegle

Lurker
Jul 23, 2015
Got a international I use with 2 bowls at the moment, one for aros and the other for English blends.

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
I use one stem all the time and it gets a pipe cleaner run through it after every smoke. When it comes to bowls of have 6 that I have dedicated to certain styles and when I switch up my "style" I clean out the stem with everclear, grab the right bowl and go. Even though I have multiple stems and bowls I like the one stem because it has my teeth indents and fits me perfectly and I've settled on 6 Hyperboles because they hold the perfect amount for my smokes.
My "styles" are as follows:

Burley Blends, Deer Tongue Blends, Latakia Blends, Light Aromatics, Perique Blends and Straight Virginias.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Do most Falcon smokers use the moisture rings or just skip them, as many do with pipe filters?

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
Do most Falcon smokers use the moisture rings or just skip them, as many do with pipe filters?
Years ago I made my own using pipe cleaners. I'd wrap a pipe cleaner around a #2 lead pencil and cut them to size. I no longer use them because I got used to cleaning the humidome after each smoke and I'd also dump the moisture during the smoke. Falcon recommends not unscrewing the bowl during the smoke, but I do it all the time and have for many years. My bowls still fit tight with no leakage.

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado

I do not use 'em. Even though I prefer my baccy a little moist I never have a problem. The extremely dry Colorado air may help.
And that's not exaggerating, is it? 

Nope. I love the Hyperbole because when I smoke I actually dedicate time for it. If I'm busy doing chores or running around I'll use my cobs.

meerqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2012
Meershaum bowls from block meerschaum is now only 39$ at meerschaumstore.com

Status
Not open for further replies.