PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishingandpipes

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2013
I poked around earlier this year, and bought one. I found that Greens of Leeds in the UK had the cheapest price - even with shipping costs to the US. No affiliation.
I prefer my other pipes more, but it does seem to do quite well with OTCs and burley blends. I need to break it in more, but as I said I prefer my other pipes more. It smokes like a more durable corncob - and everyone loves a corncob.

hobopipes

Lurker
Aug 6, 2013
Hi All

I have been smoking some strong tobaccos's of late

1792 XX black rope and others.

With my head spinning i decided to turn a small bowl for my Falcon.

There more pictures on my blog Small Falcon bowl
Custom+Falcon+pipe+bowl+1.jpg

Hobo Dave

jennings

Lurker
Oct 31, 2013
As a Brit guy I grew up seeing a lot of Falcons about. Usually the bent and straight aluminium stem ones. Picked a used one up myself on the usual auction site which came in with three bowls and a funky case. Sort of like an oversized old glasses case. It's a great smoker, even if I'm not totally convinced of the look, and the bowls I have are of a good medium size for me to give a decent smoke length without taking all day! Plus I use it as my weekend take away kit...saves on space when you only need bowls rather than whole pipes to last a weekend!
I do have a tip...I know you can buy dry rings to put under the bowl to soak up moisture and prevent it going up the stem, but I find if you just cut small lengths of ordinary pipe cleaner and make your own rings it saves on that minor cost. That's my penny saving tip for today!

Status
Not open for further replies.