PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Tom-202

Lurker
Jun 23, 2023
I’ve only about 45 pipes with only distinction between them is most are briar and a few are meerschaum. I’ve yet to see the upside to investing into the Falcon system (or some better mousetrap), not because of this discussion but because … well why? Is there an upside to a Falcon over one of my many amazing (well taken care of) briars and the three very high quality meers I use regularly?

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I’ve only about 45 pipes with only distinction between them is most are briar and a few are meerschaum. I’ve yet to see the upside to investing into the Falcon system (or some better mousetrap), not because of this discussion but because … well why? Is there an upside to a Falcon over one of my many amazing (well taken care of) briars and the three very high quality meers I use regularly?
yes the upside is the easiest pipe to clean. Can be done with a paper towel. The smoke is cool even if the tobacco isn't dry. They smoke great. And the last is the reason they were invented according to the original designer which is they require almost no drying time because of the design. The other nifty thing is they regularly for me smoke down to ash even with damp tobaccos.

Epip Oc'Cabot

Can't Leave
Oct 11, 2019
I would look at your pipe cleaner rings you are making. They may be too thick not allowing the threads of the bowl to contact properly the threads of the shank.

HeavyLeadBelly

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 9, 2023
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
I bought one to smoke Lakeland blends out of and not worrying about ghosting the pipe. The bowl I can swap out if I want to smoke a non Lakeland blend. They’re interesting and cheap so I said why not.