PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

schacht

Lurker
Jan 2, 2012
Germany
sorry for the big size, just to see no diffraction
Very nice picutre, Maurizio! It´s just as you said: diffraction blur is not visble here, and as your 180mm sigma macro is closed to f16, diffraction blur is surely not a problem at all. For anyone, who want´s to know more about the optical phenomenon of diffraction blur, will possibly find this wikipedia article helpful, but for the most of us, this won´t really be a matter of interest.
These shadow boxes are really an easy way to get proper lighting, maybe it limits our creativity a little bit, but if photography is not your main focus, and you simply want some nice and sober pitures of your pipes, this is a good start.
Kind regards

Thilo

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Great tips and techniques guys, and fantastic photos.
Vroomfondel - what is the story on that bamboo shanked billiard? I know I've seen that pipe before, but can't place who/where.

havanarick

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
Texas
Great pictures!!!

Really love the Thomas James egg, awesome pipe.

Good luck with the pictures. :clap:

vroomfondel

Might Stick Around
Dec 2, 2011
Zurich
Vroomfondel - what is the story on that bamboo shanked billiard? I know I've seen that pipe before, but can't place who/where.
Sorry for replying so late, mate. I posted that pic on Smokers Forums some time ago, but there is no special story involved, it's a regular Tsuge Fatboy. Maybe you have it confused with Huub's, who had a custom blue stem made for his and opened the draw a bit on the mouthpiece (which I plan to do myself as well).

Status
Not open for further replies.