PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I did a bunch of yard work today and then kicked back in the zero gravity lawn chair with a bowl of Carter Hall in an OD Laughing King. I fell asleep and woke up to find the pipe on the ground and ash all over me. Have you ever fallen asleep while smoking a pipe? This was a first for me. I did work really hard and an OD Laughing King is very comfortable clenched. I think it must have ended up just resting on my chest as I dozed off?

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Can't say that I have, although I have dropped a few pipes in my lap while under the influence, lol.

carver

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
Not with a pipe yet but I can't see why it wouldn't happen seeing it happened to me several times with cigarettes. Lost a few shirts that way.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Today I came pretty close to nodding off while smoking my pipe, kind of like the nods you get when driving too tired. After nearly dropping my pipe I decided I should go for a walk. By the time I got back in the house I got so busy working I forgot about my sleepiness.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't smoke in bed or while otherwise reclining for just that reason.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Yeah I'll doze off after work sometimes and the pipe will hit the floor if I'm tired.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
[/quote]Sounds like you need to get a Boswell's Fishing Vest pipe with the cord attached.
With a wind cap too! (Shirt casualties here too!)
:puffy:

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
[quoteSounds like you need to get a Boswell's Fishing Vest pipe with the cord attached.
Dmn quote-thingie!

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
I witnessed the slow smoke competition at the Chicago Pipe Show. Jayson Dagner fell asleep while competing. That's the only time I've seen someone fall asleep while smoking a pipe. He was a good sport, gave us all a good chuckle.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I've nodded off with a warm bowl in hand, still holding it tight when I woke up.
Same here ... my wife says that it's hard to get a glass or pipe from my hand when I'm asleep. :)

bigriggers01

Might Stick Around
Nov 4, 2012
I've had it happen a couple of times, but only whilst smoking in a hammock, usually wake up covered in ash though :P

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Many times, most recently 5 minutes ago. Have I ever had a lap full of hot ashes? Oh yes! On the other hand, my pipe has also kept me awake, or given the appearance that I was during particularly boring lectures. It's a very useful instrument for propping your head up. Positioned just right it does a marvelous job. Got me through graduate school.

Status
Not open for further replies.