PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

travelergypsy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 15, 2016
I am looking at possibly purchasing an estate from Smokingpipes sometime within the next month. As I've said before, I have a very tight budget. So I am pooling two months, into a $60 purchase. Would I be safe with most anything on SP? All I have smoked is cobs and $15-$30 briars. With that being my smoking experiece, will I really notice all that much difference between a $40 and a $140 pipe?

Any suggestions, names, or places I should look are very welcome. I am looking for a full bent, most likely either a Apple or Billiard.

Thank you.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
I would recommend Dave Whitney, too. He can be found HERE Very good seller and honest man in my dealings with him and opinion. He has a wide selection and variety in options and prices generally, too.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

When you gotta pull the trigger, you just have to pull the trigger. We've all been there. I hope the new pipe smokes great.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like Dr. Grabow's very much, and this is a handsome one. I have one P-lip (Peterson) which I enjoy smoking, though I'll stick with just one. If you enjoy the Dr. Grabow, you might want to consider buying a Dr. Grabow Royalton, with a nice acrylic stem, new, for around $36. Royalton come in bulldog, apple (which looks more like a prince to me), and billiard, maybe others. You can smoke them with the Dr. G or Medico filters, or just leave the filter out, or if you like a little more restricted draw, with a Savinelli 6 mm adapter. I like the American factory pipe look; it's so distinct from imported factory pipes, as much as I like my Italian, French, Dutch, Irish, English etc. factory pipes.

travelergypsy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 15, 2016
@MSO: I actually went for that Grabow because somewhere I saw you mentioned your enjoyed yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.