PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
I've got some of both. I enjoy Penzance. I absolutely LOVE Stonehaven.
If anyone wants some Penzance and can trade me some Stonehaven.....

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Warren, I had that same thought. I was reminded of a dealer handing out "good coke" to school kids. To make it even worse, it was an 8oz bag from like 2001 I think. Now if I'm lucky enough to find any, I have to wait well over a decade to get a similar taste. Upon tasting the first smoke I thought damn this is sooooo good. Followed by, oh damn...

Today, for the first time, I'll smoke some unaged Penzance. I'm actually hoping that the aging was mostly responsible for that taste because then I can just put what I have away and try to forget about it. I needn't buy anymore ever again.

dustmite

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
I'm not sure how to feel about Esoterica tobacco. Half of me wants to try it to see what all the fuss is about. The other half doesn't want too just because of the hoarding mentality that seems to follow it. I guess it's a moot point because it's never available, anyway...

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I agree that the Esoterica blends are vastly overrated. Move along. Nothing to see here.
Yep, listen to peck as he now only has 22 lbs. of Stonehaven and 9+ lbs. of Penzance left in his cellar. As he said, move along now less he finds it difficult to obtain any more with the likes of you meager interlopers. :lol:

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
1-Q? i have pounds of that... no seriously? I'll start another thread.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I've said before and I'll say it again, as a community we must unite and raid Pecks castle!! To the victors go the spoils!!!!
ps. Penzance aged almost 15yrs, it turns out, is quite different from unaged Penzance.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
If you just wait for one of the big 3 or 4 on line retailers to contact you when it is in stock, it will be a bitch to get a decent quantitiy of both Penzance and Stonehaven. I once had a small mom and pop offer me 15 bags of Penzance but since I don't smoke it, I told a friend to call them and he got it. It is out there if you are willing to do the leg work, small mom and pops sit on this stuff and watch it age because they don't have the customers to sell to. There are so many places that have no internet presence and only rely on walk in traffic. Tons of people don't even know what Stonehaven and Penzance are. I always started calling the mom and pops in the low tax states when I wanted Stonehaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.