PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
When I smoked English blends Penzance was one of my favorites, if you cannot find any one of my other favorites was Two Friends Deacons Downfall. It has the similar creaminess and smoothness that Penzance has, pklus it is easy to get.

http://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/two-friends/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=235
Two Friends is a line of tobacco that was a joint venture with Gl Pease and Craig Tarler from C&D.

pilotage16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2015
The Deacons Downfall looks interesting. Maybe I will try it on my next online order.

hextor

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 20, 2015
penzance is really good, mellow and tasty, I smoked a bowl for new years and I enjoyed every last puff!!

baccyfart

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2015
i'm down to my last 17 tins and six 8 ounce bags of it. nah, it's not good at all. avoid like the plague. harsh, unforgiving, nasty stuff!

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
It would be interesting to know how many pounds forum members have stored away as opposed to how many forum members smoke the stuff regular? Even more interestingly how many forum members class themselves as pipesmokers when they only smoke 1 or 2 bowls a day.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Does it depend on the size of the bowl? I think some of these guys have "briar buckets" they load up every five hours with a whole tin of Escudo.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
If there's any guys that smoke briar buckets here then I apologize & I'll buy em a pint, but I doubt it.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Even more interestingly how many forum members class themselves as pipesmokers when they only smoke 1 or 2 bowls a day.

:Mindblown: Well I only smoke 1-2 bowls a day but I've always said I smoke a pipe, not that I'm a pipe smoker.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
http://www.boswellpipes.com/grizzlymagnumgallery.html
Those are... insane! But, I guess they make sense if you have an eight-hour stationary smoke.

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
I am a pipe smoker, but don't smoke every day. Neck there are weeks I don't smoke at all. I don't think the frequency you smoke makes you a pipe smoker. I think that if you smoke a pipe at all makes you a pipe smoker. Not everyone has a life where they can smoke several times a day much less every day. It is the passion for the hobby that makes them pipe smokers.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I'm a pipe smoker who also smokes a pipe. My consumption has lessened from 5 to 6 bowls a day to about that much a week. And there are weeks when I don't smoke at all. These days I don't take my pipes and tobbac when I go on vacation. I'm not a vacationing pipe smoker or vacationing smoker of pipes. I'd consider myself a partial pipe smoker, but I don't smoke partial pipes. All of my pipes are complete.
I'm certainly not a Penzance smoker, whether by pipe, RYO or bonfire, as I don't like the taste. I do collect bags of Penzance to share with other pipe smokers and smokers of pipes who can't ever score any because of people who collect bags of Penzance to not share, but to store in their cellars for the purpose of gouging acolytes on eBay, or for performing unnatural acts with the bags. BTW, I don't perform any acts, unnatural or otherwise, with the bags that I have collected.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
In an interesting way, Sable, you're a market force against the unicorn trend. That is: you're helping people experience it without going through whatever arcane rites are required to procure it.
Playing the numbers, about half of these people at a minimum will be like, "Eh, that was nice, but hook me up with some Royal Yacht 'fore I fall asleep from lack of Nicotine," which effectively takes them out of the market. That reduces demand and lessens the frenzy.
You say you are an artist? Certainly, but also on at least some level, an economist :)

Status
Not open for further replies.