Esoterica Online Retailers ~ Who Are They?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
huge pile in his front yard. If I remember correctly, he was offered $100k or some crazy amount for that pile.
There are idiots that do that here too. Antlers don't last long in a flower bed. I don't know why someone would pay 100k for rotten antlers, but to each their own.

baccyfart

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2015
oh, and by the way, fried mushrooms topped with a little ground antler is good!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
When I decided I needed to stock up on Stonehaven in November of 2012( got a sample from Shantiques) I was able to grab 14 pounds of it within about 8 to 9 months. I began calling a bunch of small mom and pop retail tobacconists in the low tax states and grabbed all I wanted for the retail price. I did trade for 1 pound of it from a guy on another forum and then I was able to buy 3 pounds of 2007 stock from a guy who was getting out of his pipes. I did have to pay more than retail for the 2007 but it was not that much more than retail. The only 8oz bag I got from one of the big guys was at 4noggins and that was just the one bag. None of my stock was bought at SP or PC. Waiting for an email from them for one 8 oz bag was not worth it to me. I would much rather do what I did as one of the small mom and pops sold me 12 bags in one shot which beats the hell out of waiting on one of the big guys.
Small mom and pops will sell you their entire inventory in one shot and then they will even call you when the next shipment arrives. They love it when guys like us call as they can turn inventory quickly and that is all they care about. I remember when Samuel Gawith was impossible to find in the summer of 2012. I did the same thing and loaded up on my 3 favorite SG flakes( Best Brown, FVF and St James flakes) in just a few months. One guy was selling me 5 pounds of St James at a shot and he was glad for the business. There is tons of this stuff out there if you are willing to put in the work.
The hardest blend for me to find was John Aylesbury Luxury flake, freaking no one carries it. I went over 8 months between shipments and the only reason I was able to finish cellaring it was through a hook up. It is interesting that Wessex Brigade Campaign Dark Flake is so available right now. It may just be they upped production big time plus everyone seems to have a limit. When I was chasing it, I could get 25 plus tins at a time which I did often. As much as I love Stonehaven, the Wessex is still my favorite. If anyone has not tried it, they really should, it is one fine blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.