PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Not a full out review this time, just a quick shout out: the 1897 is a fantastic aromatic. This is what aromatics should be. No chemical taste, smokes dry and cool like an English blend, and WYSIWYG - what you smell is what you get. Delicious medium bodied smooth Vanilla and sweet honey, with a great base layer of Virginia tobacco taste and Burley nuttiness. It's almost a buttery, creamy feel on the palate. Taste lasts throughout the bowl down to the very bottom.
I can hardly call it room note since I'm smoking outside but since there was no breeze at all my balcony smelled fantastic. This blend uses some high quality tobacco leaf indicated by the fine white ash left behind. Comes relatively moist and I only dried it out for 40 minutes - but that was sufficient to bring it to the ideal moisture for smoking - not quite crumbly - and what surprised me the most was the lack of goopyness and condensation. Jackpot!
This blend has dethroned Boswells Vanilla Cream as my number one vanilla aromatic - something I'd have never expected after the not so fantastic experience with the 1955 aromatic from the same line. Highly recommended to both aromatic and natural tobacco lovers!

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Shaintiques, I find MB Vanilla Cream a bit "brighter" and the ES 1897 more "sweet, nutty, honey".

Status
Not open for further replies.