PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Love the stuff. It's my go to tobacco when I want to close my eyes and pretend I'm puffing away a hundred plus years ago. Really feels like, and is, a blend from another time.
I was literally just mentioning this quality last night. It's certainly not a modern flavor profile. I also get similar effect when I smoke semois.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
I found Ennerdale to be a well done blend, the essence of which scents the quality tobaccos quite well, without killing them.
Good stuff, but I prefer Coniston or Dark Flake Aro when I’m in the Lakeland mood.
#7 Broken Flake was too perfumey overall for me, and Bosun’s was mainly too perfumey on the retrohale.

spearheadbill

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2023
Long Beach
I found Ennerdale to be a well done blend, the essence of which scents the quality tobaccos quite well, without killing them.
Good stuff, but I prefer Coniston or Dark Flake Aro when I’m in the Lakeland mood.
#7 Broken Flake was too perfumey overall for me, and Bosun’s was mainly too perfumey on the retrohale.
The 2nd half of a bowl of bosuns is worth whatever mild irritation you may get at first. If you’re ever in the mood again try it and really pay attention to the burley nutty goodness. I only began to get it recently but wow that last half is so good

multitool

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 19, 2023
Hawaii
Love Ennerdale. Got several pounds of the stuff. Hopefully the sauce holds out for a while. Other greats I enjoy are Bosun Cut Plug and Coniston Cut Plug. I'll echo some of the members and say I wish they put more sauce on there.

Reactions: edger

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
The 2nd half of a bowl of bosuns is worth whatever mild irritation you may get at first. If you’re ever in the mood again try it and really pay attention to the burley nutty goodness. I only began to get it recently but wow that last half is so good
Thx, I like the dark gut punch side of their blends more than the nutty burley.
Hard to explain, but the “perfumey” toppings they use don’t irritate me, I don’t mind blends where the rose geranium (I think) is present in the tin note, I’m just not a fan when it’s strong enough in the sauce that it comes through in the taste.