PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

supdog

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
Stratfordshire and Cordial are excellent. Star of the East Gold is more oriental forward with the lat more in the background. Red Odessa is also very good. Some that I haven't tried are Mountain Camp and Bayou Night, the contain perique and may meet your strength requirements.

Reactions: yanoJL

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think you need to study the C&D inventory at smokingpipes.com. You can shop the appropriate pages, tins and bulk, yourself. Several prospects have already by posted on this thread. A few of my recommendations might include:

Stratfordshire, Bayou Night, Mountain Camp, Old Joe Krantz in it various versions, Billy Budd, Tuggle Hall, and Riverboat Gambler. There are more, but these and those mentioned by others should get you started.

Check the strength, room note, taste specs, and read the descriptions carefully, and the specs on tobaccos, and you should have some good ideas about what you might and might not like.

There's no substitute for your own homework on this. Other's suggestions are hit and miss. No one else has your taste buds or smoking experience, so best to forge your own path.

LOREN

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2019
Illinois -> Florida
I think Tobacco Reviews has a very nice search feature, especially the ‘advanced’ search option. I use it quite a bit out of curiosity look at what type of blends are out there.

avail

Can't Leave
Oct 13, 2015
Michigan
Thus far Messrs. Cornell & Diehl have not treated me very well. But, if they had something similar to Seattle Pipe Club Plum Pudding, with some interesting variations, I'm down...👍