PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Hawky, who is "they"?

Some rep 11 years ago posting on a forum?
I don't see any reference to a percentage on mac-baren.com.

Per Jensen of Mac Baren. In fact, I'm perdy damn sure he talks about that on his interview on this forums very own podcast.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
I love AGED English blends. Yes, they lose their "ZING", but I love how they mellow out......... Kinda like me, I guess, full of ZING when I was younger, now,?? ................... not so much............ :|

johnnyiii

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2013
hertford nc
The Virginias get sweeter, and the Latakia will mellow. The entire blend will marry for a more balanced flavor, but after 15 years or so, the Latakia will just start to fade.
Indeed... I personally am not an English fan but I am when it has age on it!!! especially if it was a role cake or something that was married more then a loose cut.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I smoked eight ounces of Penzance, over two months or so, that had 25 years on it. Dy-no-mite! Smooth and yet rich in taste. I have another bag unopened, not sure whether to smoke it or trade it for tons of other stuff.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"I have another bag unopened, not sure whether to smoke it or trade it for tons of other stuff."
I would opt for the latter John, by all accounts Penzance is as rare as rocking horse manure so you should be able to trade/sell it for a whole variety of blends that you like plus get more weight for weight :puffy:
Regards,
Jay.

Jun 27, 2016
Anyone still purging their jarred latakias or latakia-based tobaccos with nitrogen? It would be interesting to know if anyone has sampled an "aged" jar, something that's been jarred up long enough where you would expect a change, and what happened. :puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.