PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

crusader

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Nebraska
Not quite empty yet as two of the three are on their own and the third in high school.

I honestly didn't think it would bother me like it has. The oldest owns her own home and finishing her degree soon. Oldest bow has a son of his own now and waiting for the age requirement for a career inlaw enforcement. In the meantime, he is working on his criminal justice degree.

The last remaining boy is nuts. Runs x country, Basketball and soccer for his high school while working part time at Sonic. This summer he gets up at five to go run with the team after that at about seven alternates days of lifting or shooting hoops in the gym for an hour. At about eleven he goes to work until four pm and three times a week open soccer practice from six to eight pm. Good thing we live two blocks from the schoo!

Reactions: Hovannes and scloyd

Papamique

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 11, 2020
In some cultures, kids stay for well into adult hood and then care for their parents without being entitled and stunted. In those cultures a close family is everything. I am from a culture like that but my mother died when I was 14 in a car accident and a couple months later my dad had a debilitating stroke. The community raised me and I grew up quick. I would give just about anything to go back home and live with my parents and take care of them today but it’s not an option and I am neither lazy, entitled or in need of a free ride. I just come from a tight knit family. Nothing wrong with your kids coming back home I’m my world. Other cultures, I understand, are the opposite or at least very different. The job of a parent never goes away it just changes.