Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I would need a gold plated pipe to go with it and zippo too. Can you gold plate wood?

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Of course it's embarrassing. Why would anyone want to use a tampon on a pipe? It looks weird. Isn't there a risk they might catch fire? :roll:

Anyway, I use the aluminum pipe nail almost exclusively. Totally utilitarian, easy to carry around, etc.

chopz

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2011
i'm very fond of my czech tools. i even like 'em better than that atmos pipe tool i have. they're shinier.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I found unfolding the Czech tool was a hassle and I never used the spike. I found the $2 Brebbia nail and never looked back. That is so light; I hold it between my fingers while holding the pipe. Its always there and I dont lose it.

radio807

Can't Leave
Nov 26, 2011
New Jersey
found unfolding the Czech tool was a hassle and I never used the spike. I found the $2 Brebbia nail and never looked back.

+1 for the same reason. The only difference is that I use the $0.99 nails, but the idea is the same.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Dear sweet lord of Moderators, please close this thread! I'm using a pipe nail right now that I sanded down to 3,000 grit and it shines, feels pretty good. I find it much more handy than the Czech tool ever was, I should get a gold plating kit and plate the nail, it'll be the only pipe nail in plated gold that reads "made in China" on the side!

Status
Not open for further replies.