PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JackofNone

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2023
Central New Jersey
www.youtube.com
It's underwhelming. Where's the perique? I did not finish the tin I purchased without re-blending it myself. I'm just here to say it's a fine entry-level Virginia blend. Maybe the simplicity is something to be sought after. I would recommend it as a solid tobacco blend, but it is not the holy grail that I have heard it to be, nor does it offer a rich experience. Nothing that I have tried by Peterson (Dunhill) is terrible, but this would be my least favorite blend of theirs so far. I wish I could see the appeal, but I don't. Some positives are that it came to me in perfect moisture level, and the ribbony cut makes for an easy morning smoke if you're not quite awake yet.

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
There are so many good Vapers out there. Sit it aside and move on. On this side of the water HU makes some of the best Vapers Ive had. Save your tin and mix it with some other stuff or trade it away.

Swiss Army Knife

Can't Leave
Jul 12, 2021
North Carolina
Get a few oz of the bulk Sutliff Match Victorian, it’s much better (and cheaper).
Supposedly made to match the Murray era stuff, whereas the Peterson tin is, who knows?
Yeah I'd second this. Especially if you wanted more perique. I've got a jar of Match Vic that I pop and it borderline smells like fish food it's so periquey.

Otherwise Elizabethan has always been a very light VaPer, good as an intro the blend type or if you're sensitive to perique. Similar to how Presbyterian is for English blends.

Reactions: ThermionicScott

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Yeah I'd second this. Especially if you wanted more perique. I've got a jar of Match Vic that I pop and it borderline smells like fish food it's so periquey.

In edition to the “more periquey” aspect, the VA’s in the Sutliff Match blend have what I believe is a good content of their tangy/vinegary reds that go well with the “fish food”, kind of like how malt vinegar complements fish and chips.