PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Tabacco

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2020
GA - USA
Maybe its just me but ESB didn't remind me of your quintessential burley blend like pegasus, ....
After three bowls of Eight State and two bowls of the Pegasus I received yesterday it's probably to early to say, but the first impression is that they are two very different blends. I am not saying that ESB is better but it's definitely more complex and "tastier" than Pegasus.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
First time, two tins, but I'm letting it age a while. If Forums is any indicator, it looks like they sell through the batch fairly soon. Jeremy does interesting work. It got here in two days flat, from the adjoining state.

Reactions: ofafeather

Worknman

Sep 23, 2019
Im gonna have to try it again. I came back to the 2021 CRF with Perique and it was blissfully phenomenal, more than I remembered the first time. I find that happens alot. Part of it could be due to the additional age but I think it has more to do with the fact that when you revisit a tobacco you already know what to expect. I think with a tobacco named "Eight State Burley" I was expecting something different rather than appreciating it for what it actually is.

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
I hate to say this, because the longer availability of this blend is a nice thing, but, I have never had a burley blend that I really liked besides HH Burley, and I really, really like this blend.

Singularis

Sep 11, 2019
Wausau, Wis
I got my installment today. Numbers in the high 6000s and dated 2/21. If they filled these in order, it looks like they can only fill about 1000-1250 per day.

Also, I got to say I'm glad I indulged in a couple tins, if only because the label art is fantastic. It's such a nice bonus to have no dire warnings cluttering the design. I guess that's just one of the advantages of doing these "small" batch runs. Helpful and awesome that they included the production years of the 4 varietals included.

Excited to try one soon and save the other for a rainy day.

Swiss Army Knife

Can't Leave
Jul 12, 2021
North Carolina
Probably going to sit this one out
Picked up a couple tins thanks to C&D's new cutting edge marketing strategy of still having stock after several days. Like last time with Folklore I need a label for my jar tops, so figured I'd share with all you lovely folks as well.

Attachments

• SwissArmyKnife_EightStateBurley.png
    SwissArmyKnife_EightStateBurley.png
    949.2 KB · Views: 5

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Picked up a couple tins thanks to C&D's new cutting edge marketing strategy of still having stock after several days.
Eight State was in stock for nearly a week after the first drop. Had they made a bigger deal about its toppings like Scarecrow and Folklore, it wouldn't have lasted more than a couple of hours.

Last edited:
Reactions: ofafeather

Singularis

Sep 11, 2019
Wausau, Wis
Eight State was in stock for nearly a week after the first drop. Had they made a bigger deal about its toppings like Scarecrow and Folklore, it wouldn't have lasted more than a couple of hours.
You've mentioned the toppings before (but can't remember where).

Which toppings (i.e. flavors, etc.)? How strong?

No, I'm not going to open one of my two tins right now to figure this out myself.

Thanks, CE!