PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drsam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2011
After several months with no computer access I am back to civilization.

I made A major score and need some advice. I picked up ten pipes at A local auction.

Three were broken and past redemption. the other seven were really filthy and badly in need of cleaning

I have two Dunhills shell sandblasts A Peterson Sherlock Holmes Rathbone A Tenderbox Verona 301

A Royal Coachman London sandblast and A Dan sandblast with A sterling silver band.
I do not feel qualified to clean up the two Dunhills. I need the name of A good pipe mechanic.

Hope the foto turns out.
IMG_1831.jpg

IMG_1828.jpg

Edit: Fixed the pictures, L.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I haven't sent anything out for professional cleaning so others would know best. Great score though!

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I've heard that Schulte's is the place to go for Dunhill work. Good luck.
http://www.yellowpages.com/vero-beach-fl/mip/schultes-pipe-repair-service-13583879

estumpf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2013
I recommend http://www.walkerbriarworks.com/html/mike_myers.html He did a nice job on a Dunhill I sent him.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
An impressive purchase. I hope no one was bidding them up. Auctions are tricky, but

work well if you know your top price and it relates to the value of the items.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Congrats drsam - nice pickups. That Dunhill, once cleaned, should be a great pipe. And glad to know you're back online.

drsam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2011
Just me with A bit of an add on.

Actually A local guy went to an estate auction near where I live and purchased ten pipes.

He brought them to me because I am about the only one in town that smokes A pipe.

Three of the pipes were cracked from top to bottom and useless.

I asked what he would take for the remainder and we settled on 130.00. After he had the money in hand he told me that he had gotten all seven for 20.00.
I think that we were both happy, happy, happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.